Thursday, May 31, 2007

My Cup Overflows

Well, the past month and some days have been full of much activity. Not much of it was adoption related and again I feel as if we're in the hurry up and wait part of this process. We are in fact waiting to be officially waiting. Shane's fingerprints went through and the social worker has been calling our references. We are waiting for the home visit and the rest of the interviews. One of our friends in our class is already officially waiting!

I've been overwhelmed with our school musical "Charlotte's Web" which was presented last Thursday. Now I have sixth grade graduation on the horizon. It's a busy time. I have to admit that this process seems a bit surreal. I know that we have been through the classes and have made some preparations, but it seems as if this baby is just a figment of my hopeful heart. I know that the process is moving, but I'm just anxious for things to move faster. I guess if the social worker called tomorrow, I'd probably become neurotic with all that is happening in the next week. God's timing is perfect, I just wish I could see His dayplanner.

On a positive note, we have officially raised our entire placement fee. You can see from the blog that in just a little over a month, our friends and family have generously provided over $16,000 for Little Lankford. I always tell people that we never left church without at least $400 in our pockets and it seemed that every other day we were finding checks in our mailbox. That is an amazing testimony of God's hand on our process and confirms that He is able to move in the hearts of others to share their blessings. We stand in complete amazement and awe.

Please pray for patience as we wait. Thank you all for filling our cup!

1 comment:

Heather D said...

Yay! Glad to see an update! Hang in there...school will be over before you know it. We're looking forward to catchng up with you guys sometime...
...still praying:)
love,
the deterdings:)